It’s been almost a year (literally) since I posted anything on here. Won’t lie, I have been lazy, busy and passive about it. I finally got married this year, February 15th. Yes, I am now a married man; the thought makes me jump on the highest cloud in the sky, and at the same time bury me in the depths of responsibilities even lower than the Mariana Trench!
Nevertheless, I have made my way back to WordPress to update readers with new happenings, share and express (and hopefully) discuss my photography and things related.
Like every photographer nerd out there I too have this crazy & unjustifiable want for the coolest and newest camera gear out there. Just that I didn’t admit it before and always tried to justify what I thought – was that I needed. However, I can’t hide or lie – I have GAS!😀 lol
So I made a list of ALL the equipment I want to buy/have/be gifted (hopefully my wife reads😉 ) From computer system to camera gear to lenses to accessories. Every item I have included/selected is out of LOTS of reading, reviewing, researching and picking only that that I absolutely want and any more than this would be – a lot.
Here goes the list :
- iMac 27 5k – I had to really juggle and try to convince myself that I didn’t need the Mac Pro and then the NEC PA30 monitor both totaling to around $6,000+ and instead get the iMac 27 5k for way almost 1/3rd the price!
- Canon Pro-1000 – good thing I wasn’t able to buy the PRO-1 when I did. This is a better option. Reason why I don’t want to go with the Epson even though I would love a roller is because of head clogs and better customer support w/Canon
- Epson V850Pro – Yes definitely want and need a reliable, trusted and quality scanner. Intend to get back into film, my Nikon F3 is just gathering dust and I feel so so bad looking at it😥
- HDD Enclosure(s) – I already have 4 2TB ext HDD I use. 2 for storing and 2 for backup. Just need an enclosure that with encase all 4. (still looking for options… help me?😦 )
- Toyo-Field 45 AII – Always wanted to really feel the “old school” photography. This is basically going to be a landscape camera 90%. If and when I do have a studio, I might use it for portraits
- Pentax 645Z – It’s been so long dreaming and wanting and drooling over this camera, it’s more like a sinful pleasure to own it. More so because I know I will be shooting landscapes and personal projects with it. But then I think why do I need to spend $7,000 when I will or want to use the 4×5 camera on landscape… ugh! just too much! ( maybe I’ll save this is one for later…😉 )
- Olympus OMD E-M1 mkII – Yep, I have the E-M1 and absolutely love the Olympus OMD system. The lenses are top notch with a very good price point as compared to other full frame lenses and also Sony FF lenses for their Α (alpha) series. Thinking I’ll sell my E-M1 and get a lens out of it??
- Nikon F3 – Already own this & love it. Want to start using it more & more… Been ignoring my baby for far too long!😥
- Olympus 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO –
- Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO –
- Olympus 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO w/Teleconverter –
- FA 645 120mm f/4.0 Macro –
- SMC Pentax-A 645 45-85mm F4.5 –
- SMC A 645 35mm F/3.5 –
Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm f4.5 –
Format-HiTech Filters + Polarizer Kit
Manfrotto Tripod MT190CXPRO4
MH804-3W 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head
Olympus FL 600R flash
Yep… that’s all folks!😀